I enjoy speaking and presenting on a variety of topics, including instructional design, student learning assessment, campus collaboration, academic technologies, critical librarianship, information literacy, and online instruction.
If you have questions about my past presentations or if you have a speaking opportunity that you think would be a good fit for me, please contact me: email@example.com
- “Evidence of Impact: Embracing Data in Strategic Directions.” Paper Presentation at Evidence Based Library and Information Practice Conference. Philadelphia, PA. June 18-21, 2017. With Edwards, E., & Bass, M.
- “Peer Observation in Instruction: Examples in the Field.” University of Chicago Professional Development Series. Chicago, IL. March 23, 2017.
- “Using User Experience Principles to Assess and Design Library Guides.” LIRT Teaching, Learning, and Technology Committee Spring 2017 Webinar Series. Online. March 3, 2017.
- “ACRL Residency Interest Group.” Committee Meeting at ALA Midwinter. Atlanta, Georgia. January 20, 2017.
- “Too Many Metrics! Analyzing Social Media Metrics to Communicate Impact.” Poster Presentation at Library Assessment Conference. Arlington, VA. October 31–November 2, 2016.
- “Innovative Collaborative Projects.” CIC CLI Annual Conference. Madison, WI. May 24-26, 2016.
- “Critical Instruction Made Digital: How Teaching Tools Mean Teaching Critical Thinking.” Information Literacy Summit, Palos Hills, IL. May 2016.
- “Creating Critical Readers.” University of Chicago Spring Teaching Workshop Series. Chicago, IL. April 21, 2016. With C. Lo.
- “Glosseopeoia: Creating and Preserving Fictional Languages”. Poster Presentation ALA Annual 2015 and Wisconsin Academic Libraries Annual 2015. With Shovers, M., and Jiang, P.